Frances Rebecca Campbell
F, b. 2 February 1846, d. 31 March 1912
Frances Rebecca Campbell|b. 2 Feb 1846\nd. 31 Mar 1912|p2505.htm|John Wesley Campbell|b. 20 Mar 1794\nd. 23 Jan 1850|p2499.htm|Ann Williamson Clark|b. 15 Dec 1801\nd. 8 Sep 1885|p719.htm|Archibald Campbell|b. s 1765\nd. 20 Nov 1820|p2520.htm|Rebecca Kirk|b. c 1770\nd. 6 Jul 1816|p2521.htm|John Clark|b. 28 Feb 1766\nd. 12 Oct 1832|p2523.htm|Nancy Williamson|b. 1 May 1774\nd. 26 Oct 1832|p2524.htm|
- Father: John Wesley Campbell b. 20 March 1794, d. 23 January 1850
- Mother: Ann Williamson Clark b. 15 December 1801, d. 8 September 1885
- Frances Rebecca Campbell was born on 2 February 1846 in Alabama.
- She was known as Fannie.
- Ann Williamson Clark appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in DeSoto Parish, Louisiana, enumerated next to Ann's son Clark and his family.. Other members of the household included Frances Rebecca Campbell, John Wesley Campbell, Marcus L. Campbell, Ann Clark Campbell, Edwin Eliza Campbell, Archibald Rowland Campbell, Douglas McQueen Campbell and Samuel D. Campbell. (Note the Thomas T. Williamson & family living next door, connection not yet found.).
- John Wesley Campbell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Montgomery, Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Frances Rebecca Campbell, Ann Williamson Clark, Archibald Rowland Campbell and Douglas McQueen Campbell. J. W. Campbell is listed in the 1860 Slave Schedule with 40 slaves (11 of whom were age 10 and younger, and 3 of whom were age 60 and older) and 8 slave houses. Living adjacent is William Barnes "Bose" Campbell, age 26, born in Alabama, son of Elizabeth A. Barnes Campbell, sister of Green Wood's wife Evelina.
- Josephine Brooks Tainter wrote to Evelina Barnes Wood on 26 August 1860, ". . . I suppose Mrs Eddie Williams will reside in Galveston next winter - it will be pleasant for [her sister] Mrs J Williams, Remember me kindly to Mrs Campbell - Fannie, & say to Mrs Williams (if she is at her mothers) I should like to see her now, with her babe - it must be quite a pet with all the family. . . ."
- Green Wood recorded: in his book of Misc. Financial & Slave Records, an accounting for Ann Campbell for May 1859 through February 1861 (hams, seed potatoes, board & tuition for Miss Fanney C.), offset entirely by work done for Green by her blacksmith Esau from April 1859 through 15 June 1861.
- She married Robert Daniel Goree, son of Langston James Goree and Sarah Williams Kittrell, in January 1869.
- Robert Daniel Goree and Frances Rebecca Campbell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Midway, Madison County, Texas, Also enumerated in the household were Young (age 13) and Mollie (age 9) Hodge, both born in Texas, probably children of a sister of Robert, most likely Anna.. Other members of the household included Robert Campbell Goree, Sarah Williams Kittrell and Lucy Bettie Kittrell.
- The following appeared on 12 December 1874 in The Galveston Daily News: (Houston County) The steam gin of Mr. R. D. Goree's at Nevill's Prairie, was totally destroyed by fire on Wednesday last, from a match having got into the machinery. Twenty-four bales of cotton were destroyed. Loss, $2,400. Insurance, $2,000.
- Robert Daniel Goree and Frances Rebecca Campbell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Baylor County, Texas. Other members of the household included Ann Clark Goree, Edwin Sue Goree and Frances Langston Goree.
- Robert Daniel Goree and Frances Rebecca Campbell appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Knox County, Texas, near the Thomasson family.. Other members of the household included Ann Clark Goree, Edwin Sue Goree, Frances Langston Goree and John Wesley Campbell. Ann, Eddie Sue and Fannie also were enumerated in Austin.
- Her husband Robert Daniel Goree became a widower at her death.
- Frances Rebecca Campbell died on 31 March 1912 at age 66.
- She was buried at Knox City Cemetery in Knox City, Knox County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 21 Feb 2013
Family: Robert Daniel Goree b. 15 December 1838, d. 23 June 1923
- Robert Campbell Goree+ b. 16 January 1870, d. 8 September 1943
- Ann Clark Goree b. 20 January 1872, d. 24 September 1968
- Bryant Kittrell Goree+ b. 19 March 1875, d. 23 September 1966
- Robert Gould Goree+ b. 27 October 1879, d. 3 March 1961
- Edwin Sue Goree b. 14 May 1884, d. 9 June 1961
- Frances Langston Goree b. August 1889