Helen F. Gibson
b. 10 August 1900, d. 3 December 1960
- Helen F. Gibson was born on 10 August 1900 in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan.
- She married Myron Barnett Bloy, son of Michael Bloy and Sarah Elizabeth Barnett, on 27 November 1924 in Detroit, Michigan, with clergyman Lewis B. Whittemore officiating. Witnesses were Dorothy Hanigan and Edwin Ackerly, both of Detroit.
- Myron Barnett Bloy and Helen F. Gibson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, at 3464 Buckingham Avenue. Other members of the household included Myron Barnett Bloy Jr.
- Myron Barnett Bloy and Helen F. Gibson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Grosse Pointe Park, Wayne County, Michigan, at 1101 Grayton Road. Other members of the household included Myron Barnett Bloy Jr. In 1935, the family was living in Detroit.
- Helen F. Gibson died on 3 December 1960 at age 60 in Grosse Pointe, Wayne County, Michigan, at Bon Secours Hospital.
- Myron Barnett Bloy became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Woodlawn Cemetery, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan.
- The following appeared on 8 December 1960 in the Grosse Pointe News: Services for Mrs. Bloy, wife of Myron B. of 118 Kerby road, were held Monday, December 5, from Verheyden Funeral Home and Christ Episcopal Church. Interment was in Woodlawn Cemetery.
Mrs. Bloy died Saturday, December 3, in Bon Secours Hospital. She was 60 and a native of Detroit.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Rev. Myron B. Bloy, Jr. and Frederick G; two sisters, Mrs. Ann Berry and Mrs. Duncan Pirie; and two brothers, Reeve and Fred Gibson.
- Last Edited: 24 Feb 2014