Arthur Haire Forster
b. 1 September 1879, d. 20 January 1965
- Arthur Haire Forster was born on 1 September 1879 in Clones, Monaghan, Northern Ireland.
- He married Christina Elizabeth Kammerer, daughter of Jacob Andrea Kammerer and Christina Sophia Schmal, on 14 September 1916.
- The following appeared on 21 May 1919 in the Richmond Times-Dispatch: "Four Modern Religious Movements," by Arthur Haire Forster, is a new book by Richard G. Badger (The Gorham Press, Boston). Owing to the spiritual unrest which has been accentuated by the war, certain modern religious movements have attracted many on account of their claims to provide certainty and security in troubled times. The first four chapters of this book are accounts of the most prominent of these movements, namely Spiritualism, Christian Science, Theosophy, and Mormonism. The author attended the services and meetings of these cults for several months and so was enabled to gain an impression at first hand of their doctrines and tendencies. He also made a study of the textbooks, pamphlets, and periodicals which they issue in explanation of their systems. Each is a description of the main principles of each sect, along with an account of its founder and a criticism of the whole.
- Arthur Haire Forster and Christina Elizabeth Kammerer arrived in Port Huron, Michigan, on 3 September 1919, according to the record of his naturalization.
- Arthur Haire Forster and Christina Elizabeth Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, at 2728 Washington Boulevard.
- He was a priest in a seminary, according to the 1920 census.
- He was naturalized on 9 January 1929 at US District Court, Chicago. Arrived in the US at Port Huron, Michigan, on 3 September 1919.
- Arthur Haire Forster and Christina Elizabeth Kammerer appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, at 815 Gaffield Plaza. Other members of the household included Ethne Haire Forster.
- He was a teacher in an episcopal seminary, according to the 1930 census.
- Arthur Haire Forster became a widower at the 14 January 1945 death of his wife Christina Elizabeth Kammerer.
- Arthur Haire Forster died on 20 January 1965 at age 85.
- Last Edited: 13 Jul 2012