b. circa 1828, d. 14 May 1897
- Joseph Hunt was born circa 1828 in England.
- He married Fanny Jane Lyons.
- Joseph Hunt died on 14 May 1897 in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.
- He was interred at Mount Hope Cemetery, Waterloo, Ontario.
- The following appeared on 3 August 1915 in the Buffalo Courier: Mrs. Fannie J. Hunt, eighty-five years old, died early this morning at the home of her son, William Hunt, commissioner of charities and corrections, No. 408 Trenton avenue. Death followed an illness of several months.
Mrs. Hunt, a resident of Berlin, Ont., until the death of her husband Twenty years ago, then came to Buffalo to reside with her son. The body will remain in Buffalo until Wednesday, when it will be taken to Berlin, Ont., for interment. The funeral will be held at the home of a daughter, Mrs. Fred Sheppard, in Berlin. Mrs. Hunt was a member of Linwood avenue Methodist church in Buffalo.
Six sons and two daughters survive. They are: Mrs. Fred Sheppard of Berlin, Ont; John Hunt of Regina, Man; and Mrs. Frank G. Gilchrist [sic], Harry J. Hunt, William Hunt, Walter Hunt, Charles Hunt and Robert Hunt of Buffalo.
- Last Edited: 9 Mar 2014
Family: Fanny Jane Lyons b. January 1830, d. 3 August 1915
- Fanny Elizabeth Hunt b. 23 May 1859, d. 23 June 1935
- Joseph Henry Hunt b. 5 April 1860, d. 12 January 1954
- John Hunt b. circa 1861
- William Hunt b. circa 1863, d. 9 July 1944
- Jane Rachael Hunt+ b. circa May 1866
- Walter Hunt b. circa 1868
- Charles A. Hunt+ b. 30 September 1869, d. 15 August 1926
- Robert Edwin Hunt b. 3 March 1873, d. 21 May 1954