b. circa 1866, d. 21 January 1895
- Father: Georg Heinrich Scheck b. 5 November 1819, d. between 1893 and 1900
- Mother: Anna Magdalena Dexheimer b. 21 September 1826, d. 19 December 1910
- William Scheck was born circa 1866 in Pennsylvania.
- Georg Heinrich Scheck and Anna Magdalena Dexheimer, appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Other members of the household included William Scheck, George H. Scheck, Louisa Scheck, Pauline Scheck, Matilda Scheck, Adeline Scheck and Wilhelmina Scheck.
- Georg Heinrich Scheck and Anna Magdalena Dexheimer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, at 1316 Ogden Street. Other members of the household included William Scheck, Matilda Scheck, Adeline Scheck, Wilhelmina Scheck, Joseph R. Turner, Louisa Scheck, William Henry Turner and Joseph Constant Turner.
- He was an errand boy, according to the 1880 census.
- William Scheck died on 21 January 1895 when the steamer Chicora, upon which he served as a fireman, was lost on Lake Michigan.
- The following appeared on 25 February 1895 in The Philadelphia Inquirer: [Died] William Scheck, lost with the steamer Chicora, on Lake Michigan, January 21, 1895, age 29 years. Formerly of Philadelphia.
- Last Edited: 4 Dec 2014