b. 28 November 1882
- Oscar Giere was born on 28 November 1882 in New York.
- He married Julia Albertine Dexheimer, daughter of Albert Dexheimer and Elizabeth Kendal, on 22 January 1911 in Richmond County, New York.
- Oscar Giere registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in New York while living with his wife Julia at 1168 Richmond Avenue, and employed as a boiler maker by the Staten Island Shipbuilding Company.
- Albert Dexheimer and Elizabeth Kendal appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Staten Island, Richmond County, New York, at 1168 Richmond Avenue (Old Stone Road became Richmond Avenue about 1912).. Other members of the household included Oscar Giere, Alphonse W. Dexheimer, Julia Albertine Dexheimer and Albert W. Giere.
- He was a boiler maker at a ship yard, according to the 1920 census.
- He was employed doing crane work at a ship yard, acccording to the 1930 census.
- Oscar Giere registered for the draft in 1942 in Staten Island, New York, while living with his wife Julia at 1148 Richmond Avenue in Port Richmond, and employed by Bethlehem Steel Corporation at Mariner Harbor.
- Last Edited: 20 Nov 2010