A. Robert Dexheimer
b. 9 June 1929, d. 3 March 2007
- Father: Albert P. Dexheimer b. 24 March 1904, d. 19 September 1987
- Mother: Hazel Van Barriger b. circa 1904, d. 21 May 1954
- A. Robert Dexheimer was born on 9 June 1929 in New Jersey.
- Albert P. Dexheimer and Hazel Van Barriger appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Binghamton, Broome County, New York, at 5 Jerome Avenue. Other members of the household included A. Robert Dexheimer. In 1935 the family was living in Lyndhurst, New Jersey.
- He married Irene Teresa Martinichio on 6 June 1953 in Binghamton, Broome County, New York, at St. Mary's Assumption Church.
- The following appeared on 7 June 1953 in The Binghamton Press: Carrying a cascade of white roses and stephanotis, Miss Irene Teresa Martinichio became the bride of A. Robert Dexheimer at 11 o'clock yesterday morning in St. Mary's Assumption Church. The Rev. John J. Conway officiated at the double-ring ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Mrs. Aquilino Martinichio, 152 Broad Avenue, and the late Mr. Martinichio. The bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Albert P. Dexheimer, 3 Lois Street, Hillcrest.
Given in marriage by her brother, John T. Marinichio, the bride wore a gown of white nylon tulle accented with lace applique over satin. The full skirt fell into a cathedral-length train. Her fingertip veil of illusion was attached to a halo of seed pearls.
Miss Louise Martinichio was the maid of honor for her sister and Miss Mary Ann Cenclarine was bridesmaid. They wore waltz-length gowns of white tulle over taffeta and carried cascade bouquets of red roses.
Donald Dexheimer attended his brother as best man. Ushers were John Jamieson and James and John Martinichio.
At 6:30 p. m. a reception for 400 guests was held in the Sons of Italy Hall. Upon returning from a wedding trip to New York City and Delaware, the couple will reside at 86 Grand Avenue, Johnson City.
A graduate of Binghamton North High School, the bride is employed by Security Mutual Life Insurance Co. The bridegroom, a graduate of Binghamton Central High School, also is with the insurance company.
- The SSDI lists Lady Lake, Lake County, Florida, as the last residence of record of A. Robert Dexheimer.
- A. Robert Dexheimer died on 3 March 2007 at age 77 in The Villages, Sumter County, Florida.
- Irene Teresa Martinichio became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Calvary Cemetery, Johnson City, Broome County, New York.
- The following appeared on 5 March 2007 in the Binghamton Press & Sun-Bulletin: A. Robert Dexheimer, age 77, of The Villages, Fla., passed away Saturday, March 3, 2007. Formerly of Conklin, Mr. Dexheimer moved to The Villages, Fla. in 1998. He was a Manufacturing Representative in the electronics industry. Mr. Dexheimer served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He was a member of St. Timothy Catholic Church, Lady Lake, Fla. He was preceded in death by his son, John Dexheimer in 1988. Survivors include his wife, Irene Dexheimer, The Villages, Fla; sons, William R. Dexheimer, Birmingham, Ala., and Richard M. (Linda) Dexheimer, Melbourne, Fla; a brother, Donald Dexheimer, Peoria, Ill; five grandchildren, T. Paul Dexheimer, Julie E. Dexheimer, Drennan Marie Dexheimer, John D. Dexheimer and Richard D. Dexheimer; and a daughter-in-law, Marabeth Dexheimer, Orlando, Fla.
A Memorial Service for A. Robert Dexheimer will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6, 2007, at Beyers Funeral Home with Deacon Ron L'Huillier officiating. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 7077 Nonneval Rd., Suite 610, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Last Edited: 25 Nov 2014