Gladys Ellen Dexheimer
b. 19 June 1916, d. 28 January 2002
- Father: Joseph Francis Dexheimer b. 9 November 1891, d. 30 November 1937
- Mother: Leona Cusick b. 12 November 1891, d. 10 December 1925
- Gladys Ellen Dexheimer was born on 19 June 1916 in Bronxville, Westchester County, New York.
- Joseph Francis Dexheimer and Leona Cusick appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Durham, Middlesex County, Connecticut, at New Haven Road. Other members of the household included Gladys Ellen Dexheimer, Edith Mildred Dexheimer and Lillian Gertrude Dexheimer.
- Ethel R. Cusick and Albert Frederick Eick appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Durham, Middlesex County, Connecticut. Other members of the household included Gladys Ellen Dexheimer, Albert Frederick Eick Jr. and Edith Mildred Dexheimer.
- She married Michael J. Brys say 1960.
- Gladys Ellen Dexheimer became a widow at the 26 March 1996 death of her husband Michael J. Brys.
- At the time of her death Gladys Ellen Dexheimer was living in Durham, Connecticut.
- Gladys Ellen Dexheimer died on 28 January 2002 at age 85 in Panama City, Bay County, Florida.
- The following appeared on 11 February 2002 in the Middlefield Town Times: Gladys Brys, 85, formerly of Birch Mill Road, Durham, wife of the late Michael Brys, died Monday, January 28, in Panama City, FL. /P/ She was born in Bronxville, NY on June 19, 1916, daughter of the late Joseph and Leona (Cusick) Dexheimer and attended the Durham Schools. /P/ Prior to her retirement, she was employed by the State of Connecticut. She was a past president of the Durham 60+ Club and a member of Durham Grange #57 and a member of the Church of the Epiphany for 40 years. /P/ She leaves a son, Myron Camozzi of Deep River; a daughter, Leona Camozzi of Middletown; a brother, Warren Heidenis of Port Charlotte, FL; seven grandchildren, four great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by a daughter, Gloria Eddy and two sisters, Edith Fisher and Lillian Cowperthwaite. /P/ Memorial donations may be sent to Durham Ambulance Corps., PO Box 207, Durham or the Church of the Epiphany, Main Street, Durham, CT 06422.
- Last Edited: 17 Nov 2010
- Gloria L. Camozzi b. 10 October 1941, d. 14 February 1975