April June Bouvy
b. 22 February 1949, d. 13 August 2011
- Father: John William Bouvy b. 27 March 1920, d. 20 December 1999
- Mother: June Marie Sausser b. 2 June 1922, d. 15 December 2003
- April June Bouvy was born on 22 February 1949 in Oceanside, San Diego County, California.
- The following appeared on 22 December 1999 in The State: (Columbia) Funeral service for Mr. Jack William Bouvy, 79, of Columbia, will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 23, 1999 at Greenlawn Memorial Park, Mausoleum Chapel, conducted by the Reverend Mr. J. Harry Crout. Interment will be in Greenlawn Cemetery. Visitation will be 6-8 tonight at Shives Funeral Home. Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society, 128 Stonemark Ln., Columbia, SC 29210.
Mr. Bouvy died Sunday, December 19, 1999 in Palmetto Richland Hospital. Born in Niagara Falls, N.Y., he was a son of the late William Bouvy and Norma Hoffman Bouvy. He was a U.S. Marines Veteran of World War II and the Korean Conflict. He was a life member of I.E.E.E., Marine Corp. Assoc., American Motorcycle Assoc., Retired Officers Assoc. and was a member of Ebenezer Lutheran Church.
Surviving are his wife, June Mary Sausser Bouvy of Columbia, daughters, Treasure B. Charlan, April B. Baker, both of Columbia; son, William J. Bouvy of Myrtle Beach; five grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; sister, Ruth Robertshaw of Kennewick, Wash.
- April June Bouvy died on 13 August 2011 at age 62.
- She was interred at Greenlawn Memorial Park, Columbia, Richland County, South Carolina.
- The following appeared on 17 August 2011 in The State: A funeral service for April June Baker, 62, of Columbia will be held 2 o'clock Thursday, August 18 at Ebenezer Lutheran Church, officiated by The Rev. Paul H. Pingel. Interment will follow in Greenlawn Memorial Park. Memorials may be made to Ebenezer Lutheran Church, 1301 Richland Street, Columbia, SC 29201. Shives Funeral Home, Colonial Chapel is assisting the family.
Ms. Baker died Saturday, August 13, 2011. Born February 22, 1949 in Oceanside, California, she was a daughter of the late Jack William and June Mary Sausser Bouvy. April attended Richland One Schools, was a 1969 graduate of AC Flora High School and attended Midlands Technical College. She later worked for several years as a hostess at the Russell House on the USC campus and was a member of Ebenezer Lutheran Church.
Survivors include her sister, Treasure (George) Charlan of Columbia; brother, William J. Bouvy of Myrtle Beach; nieces, Cindy (Mark) Eakin, Patricia Anne (Joey) Stephens, Sherry (Shane) Whisenant; and nephews, Robby Bouvy and Lance Charlan.
- Last Edited: 13 Oct 2015