Walter Paul Hehner
b. 25 February 1896, d. December 1968
- Walter Paul Hehner was born on 25 February 1896 in New York.
- Walter Paul Hehner registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in New York County, New York, while single, living at 503 West 124th Street with his father and mother, and employed as a bookkeeper by W. C. Langley & Co. at 115 Brodaway.
- He married Minnie Nebel, daughter of Johann Georg Nebel and Unknown (?), circa 1917.
- Walter Paul Hehner and Minnie Nebel appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Manhattan, New York, at 141 West 67th Street. Other members of the household included Doris Estelle Hehner, Magdalena Karl and Catherina Karl. Also in the household is Charles Hahnen, age 26, employed as a chauffeur and identified as "brother." It is possible that he actually was Minnie's brother Charles Nebel. Katie Karl is the daughter of Lena Neble's brother Peter.
- He was employed as a bookkeeper by a bond company, according to the 1920 census.
- Walter Paul Hehner appeared in the 1925 New York, New York, City Directory at 143 West 67th Street.
- Walter Paul Hehner and Minnie Nebel appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in New York City, New York, at 503 West 12th Street. Other members of the household included Doris Estelle Hehner, Shirley Hehner, Walter Hehner and Magdalena Karl.
- He was employed as an auditor by a brokerage, according to the 1930 census.
- Apparently at some point Walter Hehner married a woman named Adele. It appears that he made a trip with her to Bermuda in January 1930 (his age reduced by 7 years but same month and day, but born in Philadelphi). He was, however, enumerated in the April 1930 census with his wife Minnie. All requires further research.
- Walter Paul Hehner registered for the draft in 1942 in 1942 while living with his wife Adele at 307 Martense Street in Brooklyn, and employed by W. C. Langley & Co. at 115 Broadway in Manhattan.
- The SSDI lists Brooklyn, Kings County, New York, as the last residence of record of Walter Paul Hehner.
- Walter Paul Hehner died in December 1968 at age 72.
- Last Edited: 13 Nov 2010