Evelyn Ethel Frank
b. 1 February 1923, d. 2 October 1999
- Father: George John Frank b. 21 October 1886, d. circa 13 May 1971
- Mother: Rose Emigh b. March 1890, d. circa 1 September 1972
- Evelyn Ethel Frank was born on 1 February 1923 in Cando, Towner County, North Dakota.
- George John Frank and Rose Emigh appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Cando, North Dakota. Other members of the household included Evelyn Ethel Frank, John Vincent Frank, Lucille Margaret Frank, Philippina Frank, George Joseph Frank, Lawrence Milo Frank and Evejean M. Frank.
- She married Henry Roy Norman, son of Henry O. Norman and Minnie V. Madison, on 22 October 1942 in Cando, North Dakota, and Evelyn's older sister Philippina married Henry Norman's father Henry.
- On 29 August 1978, Evelyn Ethel Frank wrote to Louise Elizabeth Ford:
Dear Cousin Louise, My sister Philippina has told me of your letter exchanges and sent me the Kammerer History you sent. It is very helpful. I'm trying to trace our ancestory on both sides (parents). I am a little lost when it comes to my grandfather Cornelius Frank. I know he married Philobena Kammerer but that's all I know. I know that Cornelius Frank (my grandfather) and Andrew Princing (sp?) ran away from Germany Army and came to New York (I think). I believe Andrew Princing came to Devils Lake, North Dakota area first and Grandfather Frank years later followed. . . .
I married Henry Roy Norman the son and Philippina married his father. . . . I am 55 years, born Feb. 1, 1923, Cando, North Dakota, I've had 9 children, 7 living, 14-33. . . . Todd 14, Kelly Jo 20, Gregory 21, Russell 23, Donna 27, Judy 31, Bonnie 33. . . .
-- from Mrs. Henry Norman, 415 N. Division, Morrilton, Ark. 72110, addressed to Mrs. S. Hannigan at 1215 15th Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14301, Borth-Kammerer family history files.
- She officially witnessed the death of Lucille Margaret Frank on 4 January 1997 at Towner County Medical Centery in Cando, Towner County, North Dakota.
- Evelyn Ethel Frank died on 2 October 1999 at age 76 in St. Paul, Ramsey County, Minnesota.
- Henry Roy Norman became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Sacred heart Cemetery, Morrilton, Conway County, Arkansas.
- The following appeared on 28 October 1999 in the Devils Lake Journal: Evelyn E. Norman, 76, Morrilton, Ark., died October 2, 1999 in St. Paul, Minn.
Evelyn E. Frank was born February 1, 1923 to George and Rose (Emigh) Frank at Cando, N.D.
[:TAB: She was united in marriage to Henry R. Norman on Oct. 22, 1942 at Cando, N.D. They have lived and made their home in Morrilton, Ark., for many years.
She is survived by her husband, Henry R. Norman, Morrilton; daughters, Bonnie (Clyde) McCaskey, Forest Lake, Minn; Judy Sarazin, Russelville, Ark; Donna Norman, St. Paul, Minn; and Kelly Finstad, Richfield, Minn; sons, Russell Norman, St. Paul, Minn; and Gregory Norman, Woodbridge, N.J; seven grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; sister Philippina Norman, Devils Lake; brothers, John Frank, Devils Lake; George Frank, Jasonville, Ind; and Lawrence Frank, Corona, Calif. She was preceded in death by one daughter, one son, her parents and two sisters.
- The following appeared in a local newspaper: John V. Frank, 96, of Mandan, ND, formerly of the Cando, ND area, died June 4, 2009 at the MedCenter One Care Center in Mandan.
Funeral Services for John will be held on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 2 p.m. at Gilbertson Funeral Home, Devils Lake, ND with the Rev. Rafe Allison officiating. Burial will be at the Devils Lake Cemetery. Visitation will be held at the Gilbertson Funeral Home on Tuesday from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. and on Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. until time of service.
Serving as Casket Bearers for John will be LaDel Wilson, Kevin Wilson, Jamie Wilson, Trevor Wilson, Brady Wilson and Kolten Wilson. Music will be provided by Russell and Lynda Pearson.
John was born Feb. 7, 1913, the son of George and Rose (Emigh) Frank in Fargo, ND. He was raised and educated in the Cando ND area.
In 1938, he served time in the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) then returned home and helped his parents with the family farm, taking care of his parents in their later years. When John's nieces and nephews visited they would follow John around the farm. He was always very patient with them and they have many fond memories of those times.
On June 9, 1978, John married Violet Trottier. They made their home in Cando until moving to Devils Lake. After Violet's death in Jan 2001, John moved to the Odd Fellows Apartments to be closer to his sister Philippina Norman. In 2004, they both moved to Mandan to be closer to family. John made his home at Liberty Heights until June of 2008 when he moved to MedCenter One Care Center because of ill health.
John will be missed by his loving family. His sister, Philippina Norman of Mandan, ND; Several step children and step grandchildren; His niece, Deanna Wilson and her husband and family who helped take care of him the past 5 years; Many nieces, nephews, great nieces and great nephews.
John was preceded in death by his wife, his parents, 3 sisters; Lucille Frank, Evelyn Norman, Evejean Blakley and 2 brothers, George and Lawrence Frank.
- Last Edited: 26 Nov 2016
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs